HOW TO COOK CHICKEN FOR CHICKEN SALAD : CHICKEN FOR CHICKEN
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN FOR CHICKEN SALAD : BEST BUTTER COOKIES : COOK BRISKET OVEN.
How To Cook Chicken For Chicken Salad
- Chicken salad is any salad that comprises chicken as a main ingredient. Other common ingredients include boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and a variety of mustards.
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Providing detailed and practical advice
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Prepare (food, a dish, or a meal) by combining and heating the ingredients in various ways
- someone who cooks food
- prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- Heat food and cause it to thicken and reduce in volume
- (of food) Be heated so that the condition required for eating is reached
- English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
Cold Ginger Chicken
On Sunday I made Cold Ginger Chicken for the very first time. This is a dish that my family would order all the time from the Chinese restaurants in Hawaii. I had been craving it so i looked up the recipe online and then made my own modifications. The recipe usually uses a whole chicken, but i wanted to use just chicken breasts. Here is how i made it:
COLD GINGER CHICKEN
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 T chicken bouillon
1 quart of water
2 slices fresh ginger, peeled
2 cloves garlic, sliced
In a pot, boil the chicken stock along with the other ingredients listed above. Add the chicken and boil until cooked through. Remove chicken from broth (I reserve the broth and make soup with it later), place in a dish and transfer to fridge to cool. You may cut the chicken into slices or chunks if you prefer.
For the ginger sauce combine the following ingredients in a food processor:
1/2 c fresh ginger, peeled, cut into chunks
3 stalks green onion, chopped
2 cloves fresh, peeled garlic
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1 T rice vinegar
1/2 T brown sugar
Transfer sauce to container and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, you can either put the ginger sauce on top of the chicken or let everyone put their own sauce on it since it can be potent.
Jeff said he liked it but that the sauce was a little too strong. We ate it for dinner on Sunday night along side an Oriental Salad. Later in the week i made chicken vegetable soup with the leftover broth, and then since we still had leftovers i ended up bringing the Cold Ginger Chicken to work for lunch 2 days in a row. But it was yummy! I ate it with whole wheat tortillas.
Tried Some Recipes
Tried two recipes from an old VegNews magazine.
Greek Rice & Spinach, and Fabulous Fake Feta (the cubes of cheese on the salad)
The fake feta is tofu marinated in different ingredients, and I couldn't believe how much I like it! And I usually don't like tofu!
We also had veggie chick'n filets.
Everything was vegan and totally delicious!
UPDATE: As requested, here are the recipes!
Greek Rice & Spinach (serves 4)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 bunches fresh spinach (about 1 pound), washed and trimmed
1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
3 cups hot water or vegetable broth
1 tsp chopped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice from a freshly squeezed lemon
1. Heat oil in a large pot or skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes,
2. Chop the spinach and add to the pot. Cook just long enough to wilt the spinach, about 1 minute.
3. Stir in rice, water or broth, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Just before serving, drizzle with the lemon juice.
Fabulous Fake Feta
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
8 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and blotted
1. In a shallow bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt, stirring to mix well.
2. Cut tofu into small cubes and add to marinade, turning gently to coat well.
3. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. If not using right away, refrigerate until needed.
girl scout cookie images
600mm electric cooker
how to cook a turkey breast
frozen chicken slow cooker
drop shortbread cookies
retaliation dane cook video
captain cook in anchorage
james cook university accommodation
meat cook times